Every Florida resident should have flood insurance!
It may be the Sunshine State, but everyone in Florida is at risk of sustaining flood damage.
Flood damage from tropical storms, hurricanes, mudflow, and similar disasters can occur well over 100 miles from coastlines or bodies of water. And this is to say nothing of other crises, like drainage system issues or water main problems.
Did you know….?
- ….That flooding is the #1 natural disaster in the United States? (Source: FEMA)
- …That standard homeowners insurance policies do not cover against flood damage?
- …That federal disaster assistance is available only when the President officially declares a disaster?
- …That federal disaster assistance does not compensate for losses or damage from flooding?
- …That, if you received a mortgage from a federally regulated lender and your house is in a high- risk flood zone, you must have flood insurance – it’s the law!
- …That buildings in high-risk areas are 5 times more likely to incur flood damage than damage from a fire?
- …That flood insurance is available for renters and commercial properties, too!
“But my property isn’t in a high-risk area.”
While there’s no legal obligation to purchase, consider this: Nearly one quarter of flood claims come from properties in low-to-moderate risk areas.
Check the National Flood Insurance Program (www.floodsmart.gov) to find out if you are located in a designated flood zone.
Invest in peace of mind. Flood insurance can compensate you for covered losses. No homeowners or commercial policy can offer that level of protection. Contact Sena Group today to learn more about obtaining flood insurance for your Florida property.
190 Glades Road Suite C
Boca Raton, FL 33432
2719 Hollywood Blvd. Suite A-1126
Hollywood, FL 33020
North Dade Office
Guillermo “Bill” Torres, Agent
7590 NW 186 Street, #210A
Miami, FL 33015