A motorcycle provides a sense of adventure that few other modes of transportation can offer. What you may not know is that there are a variety of discounts for which you may be eligible. Each insurer has its own list of discounts that it offers and individuals will have to perform some comparison shopping to determine which savings are most important to their particular lifestyle.
Depending upon the experience of the agent, he/she may not know about all the discounts available or the questions to ask you to determine if you qualify for a discount. The following are just some of the potential options for which you may be eligible. The amount of the discount will vary, depending on your insurer.
- Paying premiums in full at the time of the initial billing rather than month-to-month
- Setting up automatic bill pay
- Insuring more than one motorcycle
- Transferring from one insurer to another
- Bundling motorcycle coverage with car insurance or a home owner’s policy
- Renewing with the same company
- Installing anti-theft devices
- Parking the vehicle inside a garage or other structure
- Taking a Rider Training Program course
- Completing a Military Safety Course
- Good Rider for having no accidents over the space of five years
- Being a member of a motorcycle organization such as American Motorcycle Association, or Gold Wing Touring
- Claim-free renewals
- Member of the military or law enforcement
- Being a mature or experienced rider
- Having anti-lock brakes
- Getting a motorcycle equipped with air bags
- New motorcycle discount
- Getting a motorcycle license or an endorsement for a regular driver’s license
Value For Your Money
Saving money is always a good goal, but it’s important to choose an insurer that’s responsive to your needs and available 24/7 should you need them. Cheap insurance isn’t necessarily the best solution and it’s not a bargain if you have to fight to contact your agent.
For more information about how The Sena Group can help you with any
of your insurance needs, please contact us at 561-391-4661.
We can be found on Social Media at the following links.
The Sena Group
6501 Congress Ave., Ste. 100
Boca Raton, FL 33487